Recipe – Unique “Splits” Turkey Stuffing
Get Unique this Thanksgiving, by jazzing up your stuffing. This recipe below will add a Unique and delicious touch to your Turkey.
- 3 cups Unique® Original or Sprouted “Splits” Pretzels, broken into 1” pieces
- 3 cups Whole Wheat bread broken into 1” cubes (or prepackaged dehydrated stuffing).
- 1 medium onion, chopped, sautéed
- 4 celery stalks, chopped, sautéed
- 1.5 cups Turkey broth
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 Teaspoon Sage
- 1 Teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 Teaspoon Thyme
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parsley Flakes (optional)
- Sauté celery & onion with butter in a large covered pan 4-5 minutes until softened adding salt & pepper to taste.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a very large bowl, mixing together the broth & seasonings with the pretzels & bread.
- Sparingly add additional turkey broth if needed to make the bread cubes evenly moistened.
- Fill the turkey cavity with the mixture and roast with the turkey. Place any remaining stuffing in a casserole.
- Cover remaining stuffing with foil and place in oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Optionally: while baking, baste with turkey pan drippings to lend an “in-the-bird” flavor.
- To serve, sprinkle stuffing with parsley flakes before adding to the table for an improved appearance.