Unique Pretzels Cheddar Beer Soup Recipe
Beer, cheese, and pretzels are as close to a perfect trio as it gets. So why not put all three together into one simple dish? A Unique Cheddar Beer soup!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Unique “Splits” (1bag)
- Beer (12 oz)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 32 oz chicken broth ( or veggie broth)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Place chicken broth, beer, celery, onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper into a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- When the soup base is fully cooked, stir in shredded cheese, and heavy cream.
- Mix until cheese is melted and soup is smooth. You might need to use a blender to achieve an even consistency.
- Stir in the cornstarch and then cook on LOW for an additional 10-15 minutes to thicken the soup.
- Serve with a topping of freshly broken Unique pretzel bits.